Community Life at Landisville Mennonite embraces more than just an encounter on Sunday mornings as you connect with members and visitors over a cup of coffee between the worship service and Sunday School. We believe that Community Life happens on a day to day basis as we engage with people around us.
So where do we see Community Life happening?
Here is a sampling of where we experience Life within Community and hope you will join in:
- Active participation of many persons during worship services
- Meeting and greeting over a cup of coffee at church or elsewhere
- Learning, listening and discussing Bible truth in Sunday School
- Mentoring a 7th-12th grader
- Serving a meal at Zion Lutheran in Landisville once a month to persons from the broader community
- Sewing school kits and collecting blankets for MCC
- Caring for one another through our involvement in Small Groups
- Using our gifts from cooking to preaching, from computer skills to singing.
- Wednesday Night Out, Winterfest, Baseball Team
- Overseas Mission, SWAP (Serving with Appalachia People), MDS (Mennonite Disaster Service), SALT (Serving and Learning Together) or connecting with your next door neighbor
God is calling all of us to live in Community and it is up to us to hear and follow His call. Within our church community we hope to encourage each other to listen and discern wherever God might be calling each one of us.