Children are a vital and vibrant part of our congregation’s life together.
Specific ministries for children
- During Wednesday Night Out, September–June, children in grades 2-5 participate in girls club (also called “JGA’s”) and boys club (also called “Torchbearers”)
- Vacation Bible School during the summer usually includes Kindergarten through grade 5.
- Baby Dedication
- Participation in Worship: Children of all ages are encouraged to participate in our Worship Service by reading scripture (often with a parent or mentor), leading processions (ex. Easter Sunday flower procession), as Junior Usher and playing music during Offertory. A children’s spot is presented several times throughout the year to help children understand the topic for a specific sermon. Preschool children have their own time of worship during the second part of the service.
- Nursery is provided during Worship and Sunday School
- Curriculum for Ages 2 & 3: Wee Wonder introduces young children to God through song, action rhymes, Bible stories and responsive play.
- Curriculum for Ages 4 through Grade 12: “Gather ’Round: Hearing and Sharing God’s Good News” produced by Mennonite Church USA. This curriculum is Bible based nurturing children to become followers of Jesus: people who know and love God, interpret God’s word, belong to God’s gathered community, and share God’s good news.
All children are invited and welcome to attend Sunday school whether they attend regularly or are one time visitors.
If you have questions about any of these, please contact one of our pastors.