Landisville Mennonite is a church family that spans the age spectrum. Through our common life together we hope that all people encounter the life-giving presence of the Holy Spirit. We long for children, youth, and adults of all ages have a strong sense that they are deeply loved by Jesus the Christ, and that they are not alone in the world.
We attempt to cultivate a sense of character-forming belonging by integrating people of all ages into our common life together. For our Jr. Youth and Sr. Youth this happens in a number of ways:
Jr. Youth (Ages 11-13)
- Participating in our Sunday morning worship in a number of ways, such as reading Scripture, playing musical instruments, helping with audio equipment, & singing.
- Wednesday Night Out: On the first Wednesday of the month the church gathers for a potluck and a program. Sometimes the Jr. Youth have their own program/activity, other times they join the church-wide program.
- Bi-monthly activities such as building gingerbread houses, bowling, going kayaking & canoeing, and doing local service projects.
- Sunday School
Sr. Youth (Ages 14-18)
- Teen-Adult-Partnership (TAP). TAP is our version of a mentoring program. Instead of focusing on a mentor/mentee structure of relationship, we consider teens and adults to be partners in their relationship. They work together, care for one another, & challenge each other to love and serve the LORD in creative ways.
- Joining together twice a month. These meetings can involve anything from the annual beach trip and a Bible study, to a TAP event and a local service project.
- Wednesday Night Out: On the first Wednesday of the month the church gathers for a potluck and a program. Often the Sr. Youth join in the church-wide program.
- Participating in our Sunday morning worship in a number of ways, such as reading Scripture, playing musical instruments, helping with audio equipment, singing, and even preaching!
- A Sr. Youth Sunday School class. Periodically the Sr. Youth will join various adult Sunday School classes when there are special elective topics offered.
We seek to have an atmosphere of conversation and bridge-building across the age spectrum. This is integral to the ways we minister with and to our youth. If you have any questions or are interested in participating in youth activities at Landisville, please contact Jordan Farrell.