Congregational Life at Landisville Mennonite is more than just an encounter on Sunday morning. We believe that Congregational Life happens on a day to day basis as we engage with people around us.
- Active participation in worship services, whether through leading or attending
- Meeting one to one or in small groups for a meal, coffee, chitchat or deep conversation
- Learning, listening and discussing the scriptures in Sunday School
- Helping to serve a meal at Zion Lutheran in Landisville once a month to persons from the broader community
- Sewing school kits, filling hygiene kits, and collecting blankets for Mennonite Central Committee
- Caring for one another through prayer, financial assistance, and a helping hand
- Using our gifts from cooking to preaching, from computer skills to singing.
- Wednesday Night Out, a monthly time for sharing food and inspiration
- Winterfest, an annual gathering for food and exposure to the variety of talents within our congregation
- Missional opportunities, including overseas service, summer projects with SWAP (Serving with Appalachia People), MDS (Mennonite Disaster Service), and connecting with your next door neighbor
We hope you will join in!
God is calling all of us to live in Community and it is up to us to hear and follow that call. Within our church community we encourage each other to listen and discern wherever God might be calling each one of us.
CHILDREN & YOUTH
Every child is a gift from God to be cherished and nurtured. We work to provide a safe and nourishing environment where children and youth can discover that they are known and loved by God, and know that they are known and loved by our congregation.
Children of all ages are encouraged to participate in our Worship Service by reading scripture (often with a parent or mentor), leading processions (ex. Easter Sunday flower procession), as Junior Usher, in our Sunday morning worship in a number of ways, such as reading Scripture, playing musical instruments, singing and playing music during offertory.
A children’s spot is presented often throughout the year to remind children of God’s love, and to highlight an aspect of that day’s worship experience. Childcare is provided for preschool age children during the second half of the worship service.
Nursery care is provided during Worship and Sunday School
Sunday School is available for all children, from preschool to high school.
All children are invited and welcome to attend Sunday school whether they attend regularly or are one time visitors.
If you have questions about any of these ministries for children, please contact one of our pastors.
Keeping Children & Youth Safe at LMC
We want our church to be a sanctuary, a place of refuge for people of all ages. To protect our most vulnerable, our children, we have a child protection program and policy.
Read a full description of our Child Protection Policy.